Engaging with others
- Define your boundaries so you can express what willing to do
- Don’t overcommit yourself
- Identify your expectations up front
- Have options available if you aren’t comfortable or get overwhelmed when dealing with others
- Simplify the holidays by choosing to do activities that bring you joy not increase your stress
- Take a breather! Make some time for yourself. Spending just 15 minutes alone, without distractions.
- Meditate to clear your mind and deal with stress
- Keep in touch with supportive friends & family
- Don’t abandon healthy habits
- Be realistic about what you can and can not do
- It’s ok to say “no” to events
- Make lists and prioritize the most important activities.
- Don’t expect this holiday season to be perfect. We will all need to adjust a bit this year
- Bring your mask with you when you go out
- Keep in touch with supportive people even from a distance
- Engage in a pleasant activity or hobby to give yourself a positive lift
- Make personalized masks for friends/family
- Discuss with your family how this holiday season is going to be different
- It’s ok to not participate in gatherings if you’re not comfortable
- Keep people circulating to limit extended exposures between individuals.
- FaceTime or Zoom with your family and friends
- Eat outdoors (if possible) and social distance
- Stay within your family bubble
- Have hand sanitizer available at each table
Thanks to all those that have contributed holiday/COVID strategies!