Key Points from Q&A with Dr. Laura Greiss-Hess on the Importance of Lists
- Checklists can help people with a variety of cognitive issues be productive and help provide them autonomy.
- Prompts from others may not be needed.
- Checklists provide a predictability and order in life which can help reduce an individual’s anxiety.
- Utilizing checklists can help an individuals ability to engage in life.
- Using checklists to help manage life may be the difference between a calm life and a very hectic one for someone with cognitive challenges.